Friday, November 16, 2012

Mass Effect: Babel - Chapter 1


 And now it’s time to start Mass Effect: Babel, another piece of fan fiction!

Ever since the release of the first game, I have been thoroughly obsessed with the Mass Effect franchise. I’ve read every book, every comic, uncovered every secret and corner of the games, and even made it a point to absorb any and all behind-the-scenes information I can find. Simply put, it’s one of my great and passionate fandoms. It was only with the greatest of care that I’ve crafted this story set in a universe that I so thoroughly love.

If you are new to this universe, and do not mind the spoilers, then it is very important to know this - I have included all the information a newcomer would need to hop right into this universe. While there will be a fair amount of information to take in, you need no prior knowledge of previous Mass Effect games to grasp the majority of this story.

If you want to avoid spoilers for the Mass Effect series, then this is probably where you should stop reading.

It’s set during Mass Effect 2, after the Suicide Mission and Lair of the Shadow Broker, but before Arrival. I’ll be using my own Shepard’s choices (as many do) for the story, although I’ll be using Male Shepard’s “canon” name and appearance. Any decisions relevant to the plot will be explained in some form or another within the context of the text itself, I promise! If it weren’t obvious, here is the final disclaimer – there are large spoilers for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 peppered throughout the entire fanfic. With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy the story!

Mass Effect: Babel Chapter 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5ipsy2b01bsqb9b

*******

Cover Art by Tonomura Bix - http://tonomurabix.deviantart.com

Official Author Page - http://www.facebook.com/julliangmortimer

No comments:

Post a Comment